13 Aug 2011

Amitabh Bachchan Blog


Jalsa, Mumbai 
Aug  12, 2011
Fri  10 : 12 PM
Its the 12th of August today, my Mother’s birthday but I have been out of the house from 5 in the morning having gone to bed only at 4:30. A half hour sleep is no sleep and I have been moving about like a zombie that has had its share of excessive drinking. The ‘torans’ are up on the gates of the house, as they always are on birthdays and festivals and it lends an element of celebration. But the person for whom they flower is not with us today. I have done a small prayer and put up a framed photograph of hers on my desk, sent to me by a friend where she looks stunning, as always. But yes she is not with us and is missed beyond all else. A few wishes have come in, but that is all that is remembered. her day today was filled with joviality and fun and happiness. She loved birthdays, would dress up in all her fineries, fill the air with her joi de verve and would present us instead of allowing us to present to her.
Happy birthday Ma .. we all love you !!

The day has been full and involved and much travelled. 5 am off to Madh Island to travel in a bus a boat across the creek to Versova and then finally a local train at Borivali - all three modes of public transport in the city in one day ! Pretty amazing. But really what has been amazing has been the affection of those that commute in and out of the city. Their smiles and enthusiasm, their cheers and love and just the respect that they give me. I am so touched and moved. In a country that has so much, it takes so little to please the common man, to feel their lives, their work ad their heart. Truly we are a unique nation and I am so proud to be a small part of it. All along today there were the junior artists in the crowd portions and some of them with me from the time of 1969 .. !! Just such warmth they give of the days gone by. Goodness ! 42 years gone by and they are still there and happy with what they do ..
I must rest now or I shall collapse ..
Good night
Amitabh Bachchan

No comments:

Post a Comment